Friday, March 30, 2012

five minute friday:gift

5 minutes. no backtracking, no editing. just writing.

gift

go

i am one. a gift, i mean. my mom says so. my husband says so. but that's so hard to think about myself and sounds so vain.

i have gifts to give. i don't know what all of them are, but i know they're there. i need to be asking what they are. nurture them so they come out at the right times, so that they are fully formed and mature. no one wants a half finished gift, right? or do they have to be fully formed?

gifts have been given to me. 4 little ones. my husband. my family. i treasure them.

i treasure my gifts. i am a gift. i am treasured.

stop

4 comments:

  1. I am treasured....LOVE THAT!
    beautiful 5 minute write. So blessed by your words.
    (and I'm with you. I don't know all my gifts, either, but am striving to discover them)
    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hear those words said over you -- how that must bring the Father delight! Those come from Him! And He will keep pressing in, helping us to believe it is all true. Yes, it seems so difficult to believe sometimes. His love is just so amazing. I treasure your open heart of surrender! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how precious !! you for sure are a gift, have gifts and give gifts ;)

    ReplyDelete