I've been in a funk lately with crafting. I have so many things I want to do that I feel like I don't know where to start so I don't. I buy the supplies for the projects, but then they sit there. In their bags. Staring at me. Begging me to do something with them. I just stuff them under the desk so they can't torture me.
Crafting is a release for me though. Do you know what it feels like when your creativity gets bottled up? Whatever your form of creativity is. Crafting, sewing, cooking, photography, writing....... So many different ways for it to bloom and come out. When my creativity is stifled, I feel like it messes with my life in general. Being creative and crafting makes me happy. It's relaxing. Allowing what's bottled up to come out affects how I see things. The other night I was in such a crappy mood. My husband called on his way home from work and wanted to know if I wanted to get the kids ready to go and meet him at the lake for a walk. My initial response (in my mind) was, "Heck, no! I don't want to do anything!" Getting the kids ready seemed way overwhelming. But I thought that it might help to get out of the house so I said ok. My awesome husband knew I wasn't doing so well and decided to come home first to help me get the kids together. On the way out, I grabbed the camera. I'm really, really glad I did. Being out and walking with my family, taking photos, finding fun perspectives and all that changed my attitude.
 |
| My husband and our 3 older kids |
 |
| Sunset |
 |
| Having fun with editing |
Being able to get out and about and be creative with something as simple as taking a walk with my family and bringing my camera along was so good. So very good.
I totally get this post! Whenever I can sit and create something I feel better and more like me. Love the pics.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Delete