Friday, March 19, 2010

constructive feedback friday!!



today, over at iheartfaces, it's constructive feedback friday! i can enter a photo that i think is worthy of fixing, show how i fixed and then have the fabulous photogs from iheartfaces give me some constructive feedback on how i could do the edits better or differently to get a better result.

i am so excited about this feature! i love photography, but i'm not great. i'm still learning about my camera and i have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to editing except for the basic stuff. i've been using just the basic photo editing that comes with iphoto. BUT we just got aperture and i'm so excited to dig in and learn!

here is my original photo. this was taken several years ago at the 'observation day' for my daughter's dance class. i love this photo. i'm pretty sure my camera (nikon d50) was just on auto, as i've just starting learning about what all the other stuff actually means.


i was using the 30 day trial of aperture when i edited this. i had no idea what i was doing really. i wanted to get rid of the light on the wall and the outlets and reflections of the outlets on the floor. oh, and i cropped it a bit to get the elbow out. here's my edit.

info: f 4.0, 1/60, ISO 320, 18mm

i'm open to any and all constructive feedaback!! thanks!

i love this website!




4 comments:

  1. This picture completely captivated me!! I couldn't resist playing with it. Very little necessary here. I bumped the exposure, the brightness, and the contrast. Added a little yellow to the white balance and cropped. That's it. This image is a total treasure!!
    My "after" pic is posted here: http://shortonwords.blogspot.com/2010/03/constructive-criticism-friday-at-ihf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like skeller's edit but i like yours too. It looks like an old photograph - i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED what Susan Keller did with your photo! But your sepia one is great too! I always like to crop out unnecessary blank spaces like the wall above them and the floor below since the subjects kind of get lost that way so the "wide angle" kind of crop would work great with the sepia also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to find this link but couldn't find it on their website. I want to try it this week.

    ReplyDelete