this morning began with a rousing game of 'let's find the living room floor'. it wasn't pretty. a hard fought battle, but i did emerge the victor.
seriously, i don't know why i do these things to myself! i tend to be the type of person who procrastinates. well, ok, fine. i'll just say it. i'm a procrastinator. i also tend to be the type of person, who, when things start to get overwhelming, buries their head in sand. this is not a good combination. so, the kids play with some stuff and leave it out, mail comes in and sorted on the coffee table, books read for story and not put back on the shelf. you know, normal living. but, when not taken care of right away (procrastination) it builds up (overwhelming, bury head in sand) and then, all of a sudden, we have a disaster of a living room. well, house for that matter. BUT! today, i did it. i tackled the living room.
i am on a mission to get to the place where i am at the 'maintain' level with my house. you know, where it's just a vacuum and dusting once a week. 5-10 min (or less) pick up every day. it's not going to be easy, but i am determined. i'm finished having children, so, no more pregnancy, nursing, or infants to use as excuses as to why i can't keep on top of things. and i am totally of the opinion that those are legitimate reasons to not have a clean house!! i'm just saying that, for me, those times are over. onward and upward!!
the kitchen and the living room have been conquered. onto the rest of the house!
Oh my goodness, let me know if you find out how to get to the "maintain" level. I want to know!
ReplyDeleteI tried to respond to your comment through your profile but there is no email link. Thanks for commenting on yesterday's post... I think she takes after me. I was and still am a bookworm. I hope the boys follow suit. Big Brother will be 3 on Sunday and Little Brother is 16 months old. They crack me up!
Hope you're having a great day!
good for you! I relate a lot... that all summed up with lack of time.... there's always clean up to be done.
ReplyDeleteJust got your comment on my blog about your mid-May to June! Sounds exactly like our March! I call it our March Madness. I hope you have as much fun as we did.
ReplyDelete