my daughter, on the other hand, loves anything sweet. she's not allowed to have a whole lot of sweet stuff, but her birthday is an exception. for her 6th birthday last year she wanted an angel food cake with fresh berries and whipped cream. i had never made an angel food cake from scratch before, but i'm not a big fan of buying from the bakery if i can make it myself, so i tried it.
this is how it turned out.....

it tasted really good too! and, when i make it again, i'll be prepared to know what to do with 18 egg yolks!
to check out some other yummy looking desserts, head on over to iheartfaces.
What a wonderfully decorated angel food cake...mmmmm....my mouth is watering!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness that just looks amazingly delicious. mmmmm berries.
ReplyDeleteThat looks sooo MMMMMMMM
ReplyDeleteand
Creme Brulee would be grate with egg yolks.
A perfect summer dessert - light and not too sweet! What a great idea for a birthday cake!
ReplyDeletebeautiful! i love all the fresh fruit!
ReplyDeletethis looks beautiful and so yummy. my baby also loves sugar... and fruits. a great idea for her next birthday cake!
ReplyDeleteOh that looks so scrumptious! Good work!
ReplyDeleteThat looks amazing! Great shot!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot and so colorful!
ReplyDeletesharp!! and bright!! that looks so yummy!!
ReplyDeleteWOW. I want some... :-) Beautiful bright photo. love it.
ReplyDeleteoh yummy! I LOVE fruit desserts - my husband likes chocolate better, and I do sometimes too (like once a month - at a certain time every month . . . )
ReplyDeleteGreat entry!
Beautiful...I was totally shocked when I looked up angel food recipes, I was like- ugh I don't have that many eggs, and what do I do with the other half of them. Haha.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so yummy! I love the way you decorated it!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is so beautifully presented! It looks divine!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so yummy! Great job!
ReplyDelete-chelsey
Angel food cake and strawberries are my favorite!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis cake is my favorite too! I can remember my mom making them from scratch! Yum!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for the comments on my piggie cupcakes!