start:
if i knew i could, i would learn. learn, learn. i would take class after class. i love to learn. about pretty much anything, but right now, at this point in my life it would about creativity. i would take a classes in photography, jewelry making, metal work, pottery, knitting/crocheting, sewing. if i knew i could, i would actually make the dresses i see in my head.
i don't really know what's stopping me from learning all these things. because thinking about it i really could do all these. maybe not take classes because of the money issue, but i could learn about all of them. maybe i don't really think i could actually do them.
on a completely different note, if i knew i could spend an entire day doing whatever i wanted, i would go to a bookstore and wander for hours, then i would go to a craft or fabric store and wander for hours. then i would go out to dinner with my husband or a friend. and then i would go out to coffee and dessert. and talk and talk and talk.
stop.
i definitely need to do some more thinking on the whole learning thing because there's nothing stopping me from doing that except my own fear or failure or making a mistake. hmmmm......

Me too! I started to write, this time, about all the things I'd study if I had the time. Psychology, seminary, interior design, graphic design, creative writing... and the list goes on. I'd learn and learn and learn. If only! :) Thanks for sharing, new friend.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Kellie! You sound like me...there's so many things that I want to do, or learn to do. Sometimes just thinking of it all can be very overwhelming, can't it?
ReplyDeleteCheck out this blog: http://leisureartsblog.blogspot.com/ Their main website is: http://www.leisurearts.com/
Maybe they have links to free tutorials that would help you to learn some of the things that you want to learn. Money is always an issue for me, too, so free is a great price. :)
Regarding photography, there might be some things that would be helpful to you on lynda.com They have tons of tutorials there to view with a paid subscription, but they also have free ones, too. I've used their site in the past and is was a really big help to me.
I hope these are a help to you, too. I'm here from Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday post.
Happy learning!
It's true! I, too, have that kind of eagerness: to develop that creativity. I think it is God's grace and a demonstration of His imprinted image on us that gives us the desire to create and enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog--I'm glad to have been drawn to yours. =)